Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Long Overdue!

This week is the last week of our first semester and I am headed to Germany next week, so I thought before I went I should update my blog so that when I get back from Germany I can tell you of my WONDERFUL experiences there.

Since my last post I have celebrated Thanksgiving, Christmas and a New Year! So I will update you on a few of the highlights and then add some pictures to my flickr page.

Thanksgiving I spent with the fellowship that I meet with here.  We had a nice dinner together I made stuffing, it didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped but there is always next year :)  We had a great time and ate a TON of food the following Saturday I hung out with a big group of young adults to celebrate Thanksgiving again we had a ton of food, it was so much food we put it all out on the pool table.

The weeks leading up to Christmas were good, that time of year is always hard for me to be away from home, I miss Christmas lights and real trees but I was able to borrow a tree from a neighbor and some lights from another neighbor and my mom is always really sweet to me and sends me a HUGE box full of goodies :) I decorated my place pretty nicely you will have to check out the pictures to see some and then close to Christmas before the International School started their 2 week break my whole fellowship came over to my place and we had a potluck brunch and enjoyed each others company.  I made the ever famous Easy Baked French Toast, a family tradition.  I worked all the way up to Christmas and on Christmas Eve we got to leave around 3.  That evening I went to the Vatican Embassy to go to Christmas Eve mass it was a really neat experience.  Two friends from school and I went then afterwards we found some dinner and enjoyed each other's company.  Then on Christmas day I got to skype with my family more then once.  :) I had Christmas Dinner at my friends' house with their family. Then I went back over on Boxing Day for a Buffet.  It was a wonderful time.  Then Monday I went right back to work.

Luckily it was only a four day week because we got a three day weekend for the New Year.  I didn't do anything to exciting for the New Year but there were some AWESOME fireworks that totally reminded me of China :)

Since then I have been working a lot, making a few new friends and never taking pictures, I know I know I need to work on it.  Hopefully the next two weeks I will do better with the pictures.  Well I hope you enjoy the update and I promise to update again after Germany!

No comments: