Saturday, March 5, 2011

Müchen

I had a two week holiday in February so I decided to go visit some friends in Munich :) I had never been to Germany before and have always wanted to go so it was a dream come true :) I stayed with a friend on mine who I met in China and another friend from China, still living in China, came to visit him as well so it was the three of us.  My friend had to work while I was there, but he showed us the sites at night and my other friend and I hung out during the day.  So let me recap the highlights of my adventure and then I will upload some pictures.

Since Munich is the home of Oktoberfest, there are some nice beer halls that are pretty authentic Bavarian culture, so we went to a few of those and I had to join in the tradition of drinking a one liter glass of beer.  Don't worry I finished mine off no problems :)

I spent a lot of my time around Marienplatz.  There was a lot of nice shopping there and some fun cafe's to sit in and just enjoy some time with my friend :)

We did take one day to go out to the Dachau Concentration Camp that was a very emotional day.  I am glad that I got to experience going to a camp but I don't think that I ever need to see one again.  It was very depressing.

And on the weekend I went skiing on the Alps! in Austria.  Now I am not a very avid skier in fact I've only been three times and the last time I had gone was at least 7 years ago, and I can vividly remember when I hit a tree skiing in Vermont, so the Alps was quite an adventure, but I survived to live another day, thanks to the bunny hill.  It was an amazing day, just check out the pictures.

Well that was the highlights, since then I have sadly come back to my life in Ankara, full of school and work, I have started to play frisbee again, which has been only a bit painful the day after.  Still working out all those kinks.  I finally feel pretty settled into life here, still finding new things to do and looking forward to the weather getting warmer. The Sun is out today and I am thankful for that.

Be sure to check out my pictures and I will update again hopefully next month :)

1 comment:

Robin said...

The alps look amazing!!! Looks like you had a great time :-)!